Photographer Destroys My Photos – Should I Get a Refund? [HINT – the answer is YES]

https://www.sophiasartphoto.com/photographer-destroys-my-photos-should-i-get-a-refund/

Photographer Destroys My Photos – Should I Get a Refund?

Photographer Destroys My Photos – Should I Get a Refund? Great Question! All in all, we are generous with information. From time to time couples ask us for advice. Once in a while the request is after the fact. Sooner or later, disaster strikes. When we see this, we are sad. Because no one wants that for anyone else. This comes to the point of this article: If a Photographer destroys your photos, should they be compensated for the work done prior to the loss? 
The story originally was posted on the r/AmItheA**hole subreddit, when a saddened groom asked the community on Reddit if his request for a refund was unreasonable based on the premise that a Photographer Destroys My Photos.
“My wife and I hired a photographer for our wedding for $2,000, and we were eagerly awaiting our photos,” stated u/LimaBean481. “Fairly recently I was contacted by the photographer, apologizing profusely, and telling me he’s not going to be able to get us the photos due to a fire that ravaged his entire house.
Here’s the catch, though: he’s only offering us a 90% refund ($1800) instead of the full $2000 one. He says the differential is due to the “huge amount of time he put into editing, the 5 hours he spent shooting at the wedding, and the hour-and-a-half round trip he drove to shoot.” So that’s $200 we’re out.”

 

Photographer Destroys My Photos – Should I Get a Refund?

The facts are this.

The facts are this. The photographers house did burn down. Consequently, they had a complete loss. Chiefly, everything they own, plus the wedding photos. Emphatically, all of this is true. Also, the fact that the photographer did do work is also true. Overall, it is a tragic situation on both sides. Hence, my point is this – If a Photographer Destroys My Photos, then the photographer is 100% negligent in the loss of the images. And here is why.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worried your family won't unplug at your wedding? Hire two photographers!

Delightful Erin and Jason in Kraft Azalea Garden Engagement Session [Kraft Azalea Gardens]

Stunning Cranes Roost Engagement Photos | Cassandra and Kris [Cranes Roost Park]